Advanced searching for scientific articles
NEW ! Bimodal format. This workshop will help you deepen or brush up on your knowledge of designing bibliographical database queries.
What techniques can experts use to obtain all scientific articles needed for their research ? Find out from your specialist librarian !
In this workshop, you'll learn about the Library's information resources, how information is organized in bibliographic databases, how to use complex queries to find scholarly articles, and how to search by citation. Examples and demonstrations in the Compendex database will be provided to combine theory and practice. You will also learn more about searching by citation in the Web of Science database.
This workshop covers some of the concepts covered in CAP7005e. Whether you're a postdoc, researcher, or student who hasn't taken this workshop (or one who has but needs a refresher), this event is for you !
By the end of this workshop, you will have learned how to:
- Create a complex query;
- Apply a query to a database;
- Optimize your search strategy;
- Search by citation in Web of Science.
- Registration with the @polymtl.ca email address is mandatory. In person attendance is limited to 26 students. Online attendance is limited to 50.
- A Zoom link will be sent to all registrants the day before the event.
- Workshops are offered to Polytechnique Montréal members.