Advanced searching for scientific articles
Improve your article research strategies and the quality of your papers!
What techniques can experts use to obtain all scientific articles needed for their research ? Find out from your specialist librarian !
In this webinar, you'll learn about the Library's information resources, how information is organized in bibliographic databases, how to use complex queries to find scholarly articles, and how to search by citation. Examples and demonstrations in the Compendex database will be provided to combine theory and practice. You will also learn more about searching by citation in the Web of Science database.
This webinar covers some of the concepts covered in CAP7005e. Whether you're a postdoc, researcher, or student who hasn't taken this webinar (or one who has but needs a refresher), this event is for you !
By the end of this webinar, you will have learned how to:
- Create a complex query;
- Apply a query to a database;
- Optimize your search strategy;
- Search by citation in Web of Science.
- Registration with the @polymtl.ca email address is mandatory
- A zoom link will be sent to all registrants th day before the event
- Workshops are offered to Polytechnique Montréal members